Monday, July 1, 2013

National Quilt Show

I recently attended my first National Quilt Show in Columbus, Ohio.  This was made possible by the fact that my sister-in-law lived near by.  My husband and I could stay with her and she and I could attend the show.  She is not a quilter but does enjoy looking at them and she got caught up in the buying frenzy with vendors as they had a nice assortment of different things. 

On the questionnaire that I filled out it asked if I was a member of NQS.  No.  Then it wanted to know why.  I don't know if anyone was appreciative of my "I didn't know you existed" honesty.  I had only found out about the organization a few weeks prior when I was surfing the web.

I told my sister-in-law to look for what would be her favorite quilt of the show.  I found our voting ballots in the brochures we received and we were off.  We had differing views through out and whereas I only had written down 2 possibilities she had several with one or two stars.  We thought we were done and were cutting across the room when I said, "Did we go down here?"  It was one temporary wall that had just a few quilts hanging on it.  As we walked up to the last quilt we both stopped and said, "This is it."  A gorgeous scene of a shop window in, I want to say, Venice. 

When my husband and I left the following day for home (hitting a few new quilt shops along the way) my sister-in-law hollered, "If you want to go again next year, I will!"

We will.

No comments:

Post a Comment