Friday, January 31, 2014

Dragon Quilt

Being snowed in and going a little nuts I decided to get out a new project.  I went out to my studio and found a box where I had started putting fabrics together to make a small quilt.  Using the book:  Prairie-Point Pizzazz by Karen Sievert this is what I made. 




Close up of the 120 prairie points that I made from 2 different fabrics:





After I was all done it dawned on me that I have an embroidery machine and that I had recently purchased a design package full of dragons.  Why not put those in the corners? 




I made this on a separate piece of cloth to see how well it stitched up.  I was impressed and have 3 other upright dragons picked out.  I will probably carefully cut these out and applique them on.









1 comment:

  1. Ooh, neat! Gorgeous dragon fabric, nifty embroideries.
    Cathy S.

    ReplyDelete