Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Walk in the Woods quilt

The Walk in the Woods pattern is one of my favorites.  In fact, I have another one in the making.  The blocks are easy to do and it only takes two different fabrics.  Whenever I am going through my stash and I see two that look good together I immediately put them aside. I made this quilt a few years ago however the yo-yo's attached with thread were too delicate and we would catch them on things and break them.  Needed a solution.  I decided to string them on ribbon and one day I was walking through Costco, came around the corner and there it was.  A wide, gold, wired ribbon.  I spent 3 days sewing the yo-yo-s in place, making new ones for the ones that were lost and now I have my quilt back.  Hopefully this has made it secure enough to last.  Now, what to do with the remaining 35 yards of ribbon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment