Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lovina's Pressed Flower blocks


I found this pattern in the book Lovina's Pressed Flowers.  I was thinking I did not have a lot of background fabric as I tend to stay away from plain fabric however I have been pleasantly surprised to find that I do have plain plus a lot of my background fabric has a design but is light enough to blend in (the brown looking one on the left is actually a white-and-brown check pattern).  The pattern calls for 6 yo-yo's in each block however I am liking only having four.  I put one yo-yo on the left side of the stem and later when I went to do the next block couldn't remember but thought it was to the right of the stem (in this heat I did not feel like getting up and going into the next room to check).  I may end up doing half and half or I may put my yo-yo's in various places.  Only 47 more blocks to go and several more yo-yo's to make.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. I was able to click on the picture and make it larger to see the detail. I used to love to quilt and may have to get back into it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool blocks. I also like the concept - pressed flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I am having a lot of fun doing these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of reminds me of how we used to "press flowers" between the pages of books when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete