Monday, October 15, 2012

Smoking Quilt, Part 1

I was working away on my husband's tie quilt some years back. These were ties that he had amassed from his job over the years.  Plus a few unusual ones I found at the local Salvation Army (one tie was made in Israel and another had the state of Michigan emblem on it).  I used moire fabric for the background.  I decided to machine quilt this very large quilt myself (big mistake in several ways).  

My sewing machine has been with me for years and has needed very little work done on it.  We were going along just fine, machine and I, when I smelled smoke.  Great.  I'm working my machine too much.  It can't handle all this fabric I'm pushing through.  I looked around, still sniffing, trying to find where exactly it's smoking.  Actually the machine itself doesn't appear to be the problem.  So . . . where's the smoke smell coming from?

Like to end my story?  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what's the deal. I saw that racy post, sent a friend to see it and now it's gone. Hmmm.

    Guess if I don't want to get thrown off the blog, then I need to behave at least somewhat. I mean, it wasn't X, only warm R...

    Ok, here's my version. I think that you had a mug warmer - one of those that is electric and you set the mug on it to keep the beverage warm. But you forgot it. The quilt was on top of it, and was smouldering.

    Now, you gotta admit, the one you deleted was much, MUCH more interesting than mine. You had a really HOT quilt!

    ReplyDelete