Sunday, January 6, 2013

Water Color Paper Jewelry

Recently I came across some jewelry that my daughter and I made when she was in grade school (many, many years ago).  Her teacher even asked us to come in, do a demonstration and have the kids in her class make something.  



These were made using items we had around the house.  The watercolor paper my mom had being an artist.  Children plus jigsaw puzzle equals missing pieces so what to do with the ones left over?  And of course, plenty of broken crayons to melt.  

I still have the 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle and recently found where my watercolor paper was hanging out.  And I have a big bucket of crayons . . . somewhere in the house.  I'm actually thinking about doing this again.  They were fun and quick to make and I have plenty of beads, fabric, ribbon, buttons, etc. that I could add to them.  



This idea came from a magazine that I lost a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment