Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Influences

I know people read certain books when they are going through a trauma in their life.  There are several self-help books for divorce, weight loss, problem children, death, etc.  They purposely  pick up these books.  This summer I found myself reading the book Marley and Me while my own dog was having some health issues (he's fine now).  Makes me wonder if I picked up the book then, which was on my to-read list, because subconsciously he was on my mind. 

After all, what influences us to pick one book over another?  A friend's suggestion?  Best Seller List?  We like that author and will read anything they write?  The few times that I have grabbed a book off the shelf without any thought because I was headed some where and needed something to occupy me, didn't grab me.  That is not to say the book wasn't any good.  But at that time that's not what I was looking for. 

1 comment:

  1. Wе ѕtumblеd oѵer heгe by а
    diffeгent web page and thought Ӏ should cheсk thіngs оut.
    I likе what I see so now і am folloωing you.

    Look fоrward tо loоκing οveг your web pаge yet аgain.


    Have а look at my weblog :: augen lasern

    ReplyDelete