Thursday, July 3, 2014

Breaking my string, Part 2

In my last post I talked about people at book signings asking me if I had swear words in my books or were they Christian/spiritual?

Now I am heading in the other direction . . .

Recently a mother and daughter stopped at my booth.  "Oh, look Mom!  An author!" said the daughter.  She picked up one of my books.  "We both love to read.  Don't we, Mom?"

The mother, somewhere in her 70's or 80's, hurried over, "Yes, yes, we do.  Listen, are these anything like 50 Shades of Gray?"

"Mom!"

"I just loved that --"

"Mother!"

"I read all three books inside a week.  So, are these books anything like that?"

"Umm," I looked at the daughter with her mouth hung open and then back to the mother, "No, but I have swear words."

No comments:

Post a Comment